Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Support Roberts Stadium With A Save Roberts Stadium Shirt
(Click on image to enlarge)
Although several people in the community understand that Roberts Stadium is an Evansville icon, I am not convinced that we have gotten the message out loud and clear to everyone in the city, including our elected officials.
For this reason, I have teamed up with local t-shirt maker Ad-Vision Screen Graphics to help get the word out about this blog's effort to save Roberts Stadium. As a part of my "Paint The Town Roberts Stadium Brown" mission, I am buying and then selling at cost "Save Roberts Stadium" t-shirts.
For only $8 (sizes available: kid's medium to adult XL, for 2XL and 3XL add $1.50), you can have your very own "Save Roberts Stadium" t-shirt. The t-shirt is brown (to commemorate the brown color of Roberts Stadium), and on the front it says in bold, " Save Roberts Stadium," with the blog URL underneath it. On the back it says, "Built by H. O Roberts-1956."
A couple of things about the shirt...
1. I am selling these shirts AT COST. This blog is about making the effort to save Roberts Stadium personal not profitable. I will not be making one dime off this project, and I believe that is the way it should be. My love for Roberts Stadium and desire to see her stick around for another 55 years are why I want you to purchase at least one shirt.
2. The two main goals of this t-shirt project are to 1. Get the word out about saving Roberts Stadium & 2. To recognize, respect, and pay tribute to H.O Roberts who gave up his political career so that Roberts Stadium would be built.
3. Although I would like to have these shirts made by the time the Aces play their last game Saturday, they simply will not be ready by then. However, I want you the people to wear these shirts everywhere you go so that every man, woman, and child in this town is aware of the Save Roberts Stadium movement.
4. With your t-shirt purchase, you will be supporting Ad-Vision Screen Graphics, a local small business (http://www.advisionscreengraphics.com/index.php?page=home).
If this project is successful, city officials will have no choice but to respect the wishes of the people and save Roberts Stadium, so I hope you will decide to participate in this project.
The t-shirt purchasing process is going to work like this:
* Ad-Vision must make all t-shirts at the same time while the printing machine is up and running. For this reason I must compile a list of who all wants to purchase a shirt(s). Please sign up to purchase a shirt(s) ONLY if you plan on actually buying them.
* To sign up to purchase a t-shirt, please send me your name, how many t-shirts you want, shirt size(s) and a contact phone number to JordanBaer1@gmail.com.
* If you would like for me to deliver this shirt to you please let me know the address where I can drop it off (For delivery you must live in the Evansville area). If you would like for me to mail the shirt(s) please give me a shipping address as well. I will have to charge an at cost shipping fee which will be calculated on usps.com.
* I must have everyone's order by March 16. Shirts should be ready within one week.
Again, let's "Paint The Town Roberts Stadium Brown," and let everyone know that we want Roberts Stadium Saved.
I thank you the readers of this blog greatly for your support throughout this whole process and would appreciate any t-shirt you buy to SAVE ROBERTS STADIUM!